In a world where mobile phones have completely taken over, there’s an app for everything. Even those aspects that have primarily been web or email-based are now thriving in the mobile world. One such area is that of recruitment. With talent shortage looming large across industries (42% of employers are worried they won’t be able to find the talent they need and 72.8% are struggling to find relevant candidates), a modern and innovative recruitment solution brings your hiring campaign across to people who are looking to join your company to hone skills, upgrade their knowledge, build a career and achieve growth. Whether you are hiring people from 1 establishment or 20, a good recruitment solution can enable you to seamlessly manage all your hiring needs in one place: from multiple business locations and positions to applications you receive for each one.
Here are 8 crucial elements your talent acquisition solution must have:
- Comprehensive: If recruiting candidates requires you to jump between spreadsheets, email, job portals and social media, it’s a clear indication that you need a comprehensive recruitment solution to streamline your hiring process. A good recruitment solution brings all candidate data in one place; it allows you to collate data from resumes and social media profiles, view well-organized candidate profiles, communicate with them and keep track of the process.
- Easy to set up and use: One of the primary requirements of any recruitment solution is that it should be easy to set up and use. An ideal recruitment solution makes the hiring process not just for you, but also for your job applicants. An intuitive and elegant solution is sure to accelerate adoption and enhance candidate experience.
- Mobile-enabled: With almost every candidate now owning a smartphone, it is imperative that your recruitment solution is mobile enabled; 56% of businesses are in the process of redesigning their HR programs to leverage digital and mobile tools. This allows applicants to apply for jobs from anywhere, at any time using the device of their choice. With many hiring signs now including a unique QR code, applicants can easily scan codes with their mobile device and submit their application with the touch of a button. Alerts and notifications can enable them to stay up-to-date with new job postings as well as help them track their submitted applications.
- Job Distribution: If you don’t have the right applicants in your pipeline, you can never hire the right people for the right jobs. Having the proper distribution can help in enriching your pipeline and hiring for hard-to-fill roles; when the job distribution functionality is far-reaching, optimized and accurate, you can be sure to combine information from multiple sources into one, unified system. You should be able to review applicants with ease, search for suitable candidates and contact them directly with just one quick click.
- Analytics: Analytics is an integral aspect of modern recruitment solutions. Through innovative, self-learning algorithms that improve with usage, you can match the perfect applicant to your job and significantly reduce application processing time. Modern management and tracking software can enable you to manage all of your applicants in one place; you can know what stage of the hiring process each of your candidates is. You also should be able to rate, tag, sort, filter and save applicants for future hiring needs.
- Flexibility: In today’s highly dynamic world, a one-size-fits-all solution doesn’t work. Since every organization’s hiring needs are unique, your recruitment solution should offer flexibility to meet the distinct business needs: from custom career pages for each location to personalized plans for each business depending on their size or location. Customization can enable you to get the information you need to make informed hiring decisions; you can attract the perfect applicant for every position with a career page that is personalized for your company/location(s) and its needs.
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO): With millions of web pages and websites today, ensuring your recruitment solution meets ranking criteria and rises to the top of a search result page is important to get noticed. With the right SEO techniques in place, you will be able to witness a definite increase in application numbers and maximize recruitment efforts. The right techniques can also enable you to discover data about what jobs applicants are searching for the most and use appropriate keywords to your advantage.
- Integration: Integrating talent acquisition and recruitment management solution with other technology systems is essential to streamline the flow of information across the organization. In order to achieve extreme visibility, you need to enable robust integration mechanisms into your recruitment solution.
Streamline the Hiring Process
With a vacancy costing the average company $500 each day, having a modern recruitment solution in place to improve the recruitment process is more than essential. A recruitment solution offers quick information on candidates and helps notify them faster about new job postings and application status. From job advertising to candidate interviews, applicant tracking to smart search – modern recruitment solutions need be packed with features in order to make the hiring process more efficient. A modern recruitment solution allows you to streamline the process of searching suitable candidates and make it easier for candidates to apply for positions that they see and like – with a simple touch of a button.